2018 Early Childhood Education Program Internship
School Literacy and Culture is looking for interns to serve as summer program assistants. Interns work in a variety of areas, gaining experience in early childhood education, non-profit administration, and/or arts education.
This two-month internship (full-time, paid) provides two interns with the opportunity to:
- Support teaching staff and K-12 students at our summer Creative Writing Camp in June.
- Support our Program Coordinator for our Summer Institutes on Reading, Writing and Cultural Conversations and Writing Across the Curriculum in July.
- Review research that can refine our “theory into practice” approach of working with early literacy teacher leaders. Some of the fields we delve into include child development, neuroscience, literacy theory and the relevance of culture to learning.
A stipend of approximately $2,500 will be provided to each intern.
2018 Teaching Assistant Internship
School Literacy and Culture and Writers in the Schools (WITS) are looking for interns to serve as summer workshop teaching assistants. Interns work in a variety of areas, gaining experience in creative writing instruction, early childhood education, non-profit administration, and/or arts education.
Each summer, School Literacy and Culture and Writers in the Schools sponsor the Creative Writing Camp. More than 1,300 children in grades K-12 participate in the workshops, which provide a supportive environment where children engage in writing stories, poetry, essays, and plays.
This two-week internship (part-time, unpaid) provides two interns with the opportunity to:
- Assist in creative writing classrooms
- Design and deliver lessons
- Assist younger children with dictation
- Assist setting up arts/crafts projects
- Assist in anthology preparation
- Observe classroom teaching
Orientation takes place Saturday, May 12, 2018, and the internship takes place in June. Campus-based training is also required. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university and be 18 years of age or older.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.